Insurance Won't Pay For Out Of Control Crop Fire That Burned Down My House | Oklahoma City Fire Damage Claim Attorneys

Out Of Control Crop Fire Burned Down My House, Now My Insurance Won’t Pay

Posted February 12, 2015

Fires cost business owners and homeowners billions of dollars every single year and this devastating situation can be made even worse when owners find themselves struggling with their insurance provider. Insurance providers are for-profit companies that are looking to save money, and this means that they are on the search for ways to pay their clients as little as possible or nothing at all. In the case of a residential home being damaged due to an out of control crop fire, homeowners may have a case to level against the insurance provider in order to have some or all of the costs covered.

What Does My Homeowners Insurance Cover?

Homeowners insurance policies have been designed to help financially protect homeowners in the event of common perils such as hail, fire, theft, and vandalism. While every single policy is slightly different, these are the most common areas of coverage. Those that buy more comprehensive policies may have extended coverage for recreational vehicles on their property, floods, mudslides, and excess damage that goes above the amount of coverage for basic policies.

Fire Damage and Homeowners Insurance

Almost all insurance policies will cover fire damage even if it is the result of an accident by one of the residents. In the case of a fire that is caused due to burning one’s crop, the situation can quickly become a legal nightmare for those that are not careful. Due to the nature of this type of fire, there are countless variables that must be taken into consideration. This includes if the crop is a commercial crop, if the crop is covered by a business owner’s policy, the type of homeowners insurance, and the exact reasons for the fire spreading.

Receiving Compensation for Fire Damage

Anyone that has experienced a situation similar to this and cannot get their insurance provider to cover the costs should speak with one of your attorneys that will be able to assist you with property damage and insurance cases. You may quickly find yourself not only without a place to live, but also with a commercial crop that is no longer producing profits with bills continuing to mount. Our attorneys are here to assist you by navigating through this legal process from start to finish. Contact us online or call (405) 272-0303 for Kevin Bennett today we’ll fight for the fire damage compensation you deserve.